The Next Generation of Woofpool

the Woofpool software taken to the next level
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:30 am 

The Import NFL Scores menu item (one-step ftp download) hasn't worked for me this season (2010) at all. I get an error message: "Error Occurred While Attempting to Connect."

My player picks import feature works fine, as does my ftp upload to my website. I've tried all 3 servers listed in the NFL Score import box. I have V. 15.00 of Woofpool. I am a registered user.

Any advice? Currently only thing I can do is to download from webpage, then import that file into the pool. A bit tedious. Thanks. Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:21 am 

turn off your windows firewall and try.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:22 am 
Can you connect to any of the servers via ftp? If you don't have a stand-alone ftp client, try this:

In Windows, click on Start, then Run and type ftp picksheet.net (also try jimsquest.net and jimsquest.com). It should open a command prompt and connect to the ftp server. You don't need to login - just see if you can connect.

I have a hunch that Krazy is probably right - the connection is being blocked by windows firewall (or some other firewall program).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 am 

Hi. I can reach the FTP site using 3rd party client and using command line prompt. This was with Windows Firewall on.

Even so, I turned off Windows Firewall and I still get the same error from within Woofpool.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:23 am 
I think I'd probably do a backup from within Woofpool (to a floppy disk or different folder on your hard drive), uninstall woofpool, reinstall woofpool. Try importing scores, then restore and try importing scores again.